22 May Check Point release new appliances
Check Point Delivers New Advanced Threat Prevention Platforms to Customers of All Sizes
The latest appliances provide advanced protection against sophisticated attacks, for customers ranging from small/remote offices through mid-size enterprises to large-scale data centers
At the company’s annual customer event, the Check Point Customer Experience (CPX), Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: CHKP) today announced the release of the Check Point 1400, 3000 and 5000 Series appliances. These new threat prevention optimized appliances give organizations of any size, from small businesses to large-scale deployments, the power to run advanced threat prevention capabilities such full inspection of encrypted data, without compromising performance.
In 2015, organizations globally saw a 38 percent increase in security incidents compared to 2014, and data theft incidents rose by 56 percent, with all sizes of business from SMBs to large enterprises experiencing similar numbers of incidents1. This growing frequency and sophistication of cyberattacks, particularly those with unknown signatures, increases the risk of a successful attack and requires a shift in strategy – from detection to prevention. Together with increasing data rates and volumes, this puts pressure on the security infrastructure to keep pace.
To ensure maximum security and meet these new demands of the businesses they support, security professionals need solutions that will efficiently scale. As such, these new appliances allow customers to:
- Enable the most complete, advanced threat prevention against known and unknown threats within a powerful platform. All of the new appliances feature fully integrated firewall, intrusion prevention system (IPS), anti-bot, antivirus, application controls, URL filtering and the award-winning sandboxing technology Check Point SandBlast Zero-Day Protection.
- Effectively meet the increasing requirements to deliver full inspection of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypted traffic. Innovative hardware design ensures full SSL inspection, with optimum performance, even with all threat prevention features activated.
- Easily accommodate requirements for network growth and connectivity. Flexible network connectivity options from 1GbE to 40GbE, acceleration cards and a complete portfolio of appliances enabling the best fit for any size of deployment, from SMB to enterprise campuses and carrier-class customers.
“Offering a full range of solutions that delivers the most advanced threat prevention and consistent security technologies for all of our locations elevates our value proposition,” said Trevor Rowley, Managing Director at Optix Software Ltd. “Check Point’s new series of appliances gives us the ability to deploy enterprise-grade protections that meet all of our security needs, with the ability to seamlessly scale as they grow.”
The new appliances are designed to protect business of all sizes, specifically:
- 1400 Series – The 1400 Series appliances are ideal for small businesses and branch offices. These appliances include a simple web user interface for setup and the ability to be controlled centrally in very large scale deployments.
- 3000 & 5000 Series – Both the 3000 and 5000 Series appliances are ideal for small to mid-size enterprise sites, providing the power to run the most comprehensive threat prevention capabilities – including full inspection of encrypted data – with a modular networking scheme.
The announcement of the 1400, 3000 and 5000 Series appliances complement Check Point’s January 2016 announcement of the 15000 and 23000 Series appliances:
- 15000 Series – Designed for large enterprise networks with advanced redundancy and flexible networking capabilities.
- 23000 Series – Designed for the most demanding networks and data centers, combining the highest level of performance, network modularity and non-stop operations capabilities.
“Growth in SSL encrypted network traffic is increasing the demand on security solutions to do full inspection of encrypted data, which can significantly degrade throughput,” said Gabi Reish, vice president of product management, Check Point. “With these new appliances, virtually any size organization can deploy the most advanced threat prevention to block attacks in a scalable, easy to manage manner – without compromising throughput.”
The Check Point 1400 Series includes four models, the 1430, 1450, 1470 and 1490; the 3000 Series includes the 3200 model; and the 5000 Series includes the 5200, 5400, 5600 and 5800 models. All products are available immediately.
For more information, including technical specifications, visit:
- 1400 Series Page: /products/1400-security-appliances/
- 3000 Series Page: /products/3200-security-appliances/
- 5000 Series Page: /products/5000-security-appliances/
Follow Check Point via:
Check Point Blog: http://blog.checkpoint.com/
About Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (www.checkpoint.com), the largest pure-play security vendor globally, provides industry-leading solutions and protects customers from cyberattacks with an unmatched catch rate of malware and other types of attacks. Check Point offers a complete security architecture defending the entire enterprise, from networks to mobile devices, in addition to the most comprehensive and intuitive security management. Check Point protects over 100,000 organizations of all sizes.